1. Arbuckle J. L. (1999). Amos 4.0 [Computer software]. Chicago, IL: SmallWaters.
2. Arvey R. D. and Murphy, K. R. (1998). Performance evaluation in work settings. Annual Review of Psychology, 49, pp. 141–168.
3. Austin J. T. and Villanova P. (1992). The criterion problem: 1917—1992. Journal of Applied Psychology, 77, pp. 836–874.
4. Borman W. C. (1991). Job behavior, performance, and effectiveness. In M. D. Dunnette & L. M. Hough (Eds.), Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology, Vol. 2 (second ed., pp. 271–326). Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press.
5. Brislin R. W., Lonner W. J. and Thorndike R. M. (1973). Crosscultural research methods. New York: Wiley.
6. Bryk A. S. and Raudenbush S. W. (1992). Hierarchical linear models: Applications and data analysis methods. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
7. Cannell F. (1999). Power and intimacy in the Christian Philippines. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
8. Choi I. and Nisbett R. E. (1998). Situational salience and cultural differences in the correspondence bias and in the actor-observer bias. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 24, pp. 949–960.
9. Choi I., Nisbett R. E. and Norenzayan (1999). Causal attribution across cultures: Variation and universality. Psychological Bulletin, 125, pp. 47–63.
10. Diaz-Guerrero R. (1976). Psychology of the Mexican. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 11. Gilovich T., Savitsky K. and Medvec V. H. (1998). The illusion of transparency: Biased assessments of others ability to read one's emotional states. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 75, pp. 332–346.
12. Goffman E. (1959). The presentation of self in everyday life. New York: Doubleday.
13. Goldstein H. (1995). Multilevel statistical models. New York: Halstead Press.
14. Harris M. M., Smith D. E. and Champagn D. (1995). A field study of performance appraisal purpose: Research-versus administrativebased ratings. Personnel Psychology, 48, pp. 151–160.
15. Heath, C. (1999). On the social psychology of agency relationships: Lay theories of motivation overemphasize extrinsic incentives. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Process, 78, pp. 25–62.
16. Heil G., Bennis W. and Stephens D. C. (2000). Douglas McGregor, revisited. New York: Wiley.
17. Heine S. J., Lehman D. R., Peng K. and Greenholtz J. (2002). What's wrong with cross-cultural comparisons of subjective Likert scales?: The reference-group effect. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 82, pp. 903–918.
18. Hernandez M. R. and Iyengar S. S. (2001). What drives whom? A cultural perspective on human agency. Social Cognition, 19, pp. 269–294.
19. Hofstede G. H. (1980). Culture's consequences: International differences in work-related values. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
20. Ileto R. (1979). Pasyon and revolution: Popular movements in the Philippines 1840–1910. Quezon City, Philippines: Ateneo de Manila University Press.
21. Ilgen D., Barnes-Farrell J. and McKellin D. (1993). Performance appraisal process research in the 1980s: What has it contributed to appraisals in use? Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 54, pp. 321–368.
22. Iyengar S. S. and Lepper M. R. (1999). Rethinking the value of choice: A cultural perspective on intrinsic motivation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 76, pp. 349–366.
23. Iyengar S. S. and Lepper M. R. (2002). Choice and its consequences: On the costs and benefits of self-determination. In: A. Tesser (Ed.), Self and motivation: Emerging psychological perspectives (pp. 71–96). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
24. Joaquin N. (1964). La naval de Manila and other essays. Manila, Philippines: De La Salle University Press.
25. Jones E. E. and Harris V. A. (1967). The attribution of attitudes. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 3, pp. 1–24.
26. Kenny D. A., Kashy D. A. and Bolger N. (1998). Data analysis in social psychology. In D. T. Gilbert S. T. Fiske & G. Lindsey (Eds.). Handbook of social psychology, Vol. 1, (fourth ed., pp. 233–265). New York: McGraw-Hill.
27. Kim H. and Markus H. R. (1999). Deviance or uniqueness, harmony or conformity. A cultural analysis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 77, pp. 785–800.
28. Kline R. (1998). Structural equation modeling. New York: Guilford Press.
29. Kreft I. G. and De Leeuw J. (1998). Introducing multilevel modeling Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
30. Lindsley S. L. and Braithwaite, C. A. (1996). You should _wear a mask : Facework norms in cultural and inter-cultural conflict in maquiladoras. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 20, pp. 199–225.
31. Markus H. R. and Kitayama S. (1991). Culture and the self: Implications for cognition, emotion and motivation. Psychological Review, 98, pp. 224–253.
32. Masuda T. and Nisbett R. (2001). Attending holistically versus analytically: Comparing the context sensitivity of Japanese and Americans. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 81, pp. 922–934.
33. McGregor D. (1960). The human side of enterprise. New York: McGraw-Hill.
34. Mendoza S. L. (2002). Between the homeland and the Diaspora: The politics of theorizing Filipino and Filipino American identities. New York: Routledge.
35. Miller D. T. (1999). The norm of self-interest. American Psychologist, 54, pp. 1053–1060.
36. Miller J. G. (1984). Culture and the development of everyday social explanations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 46, pp. 961–978.
37. Morris M. W. and Peng K. (1994). Culture and cause: American and Chinese attributions for social and physical events. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 67, pp. 949–971.
38. Morris M. W., Podolny J. M. and Ariel S. (2000). Culture, norms, and obligations: Cross-national differences in patterns of interpersonal norms and felt obligations toward coworkers. In P. C. Earley & H.
39. Singh (Eds.), Innovations in international and cross-cultural management (pp. 52–90). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
40. Nisbett R., Peng K., Choi I. and Norenzayan A. (2001). Culture and systems of thought: Holistic vs. analytic cognition. Psychological Review, 108, pp. 291–310.
41. Nisbett R. and Ross L. (1980). Human inference: Strategies and shortcomings in social judgment. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
42. Norenzayan A., Choi I. and Nisbett, R. (2001). Cultural similarities and differences in social inference: Evidence for behavioral predictions and lay theories of behavior. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 28, pp. 109–120.
43. Oyserman D., Coon H. M. and Kemmelmeier, M. (2002). Rethinking individualism and collectivism: Evaluation of theoretical assumptions and meta-analyses. Psychological Bulletin, 128, pp. 3–72.
44. Pelletier L. G. and Vallerand R. J. (1996). Supervisors beliefs and subordinates intrinsic motivation: A behavioral confirmation analysis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 71, pp. 331–340.
45. Peng K. and Nisbett R. (1999). Culture, dialectics, and reasoning about contradiction. American Psychologist, 54, pp. 741–754.
46. Ployhart P. E., Wiechmann D., Schmitt N., Sacco J. M. and Rogg K. (2003). The cross-cultural equivalence of job performance ratings. Human Performance, 16, pp. 49–79.
47. Pulakos E. D. (1997). Ratings of job performance. In: D. Whetzel and G. Wheaton (Eds.), Applied measurement methods in industrial psychology (pp. 291–317). Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press.
48. Rafael V. (1988). Contracting colonialism: Translation and Christian conversion in Tagalong society under early Spanish rule. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
49. Raudenbush S., Bryk A. and Congdon R. (2000). Hierarchical linear and nonlinear modeling: Version 5. Lincolnwood IL: Scientific Software International.
50. Reid A. (1993). Southeast Asia in the early modern era: Trade, power and belief. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
51. Rimonte N. (1997). Colonialism is Legacy: The Inferiorizing of the Filipino. In M. Root (Ed.), Filipino Americans: Transformation and identity. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
52. Ross L. (1977). The intuitive psychologist and his shortcomings: Distortions in the attribution process. In L. Berkowitz (Ed.), Advances in Experimental Social Psychology (Vol. 10, pp. 174-221). New York: Academic Press.
53. Sanchez-Burks J. (2002). Protestant relational ideology and (in)attention to relational cues in work settings. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 83, pp. 919–929.
54. Sanchez-Burks J., Lee F., Choi I., Nisbett R., Zhao S. and Koo J. (2003). Conversing across cultures: East-west communication styles in work and nonwork contexts. Journal of Personality and Social Pyschology, 85, 363–372. Sanchez-Burks, J., Nisbett, R. & Ybarra, O. (2000). Cultural styles, relational schemas and prejudice against outgroups. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 79, pp. 174–189.
55. Schwartz B. (1986). The battle for human nature: Science morality and modern life. New York: Norton.
56. Schwartz B. (1997). Psychology, idea technology, and ideology. Psychological Science, 8, pp. 21–27.
57. Schwartz B., Schuldenfrei, R. and Lacey, H. (1981). Operant psychology as factory psychology. Behaviorism, 6, pp. 229–254.
58. Schein E. H. (1975). The Hawthorne group studies revisited: A defense of Theory Y. In E. L. Cass and F. G. Zimmer (Eds.), Man and work in society (pp. 78—94). New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company.
59. Sheldon K. M., Elliot A. J., Kim Y. and Kasser T. (2001). What is satisfying about satisfying events? Testing 10 candidate psychological needs. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 80, pp. 325–339.
60. Snijders T. A. and Bosker R. J. (1999). Multilevel analysis: An introduction to basic and advanced multilevel modeling. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
61. Snyder M. and Swann W. B. (1978). Behavioral confirmation in social interaction: From social perception to social reality. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 14, pp. 148–162.
62. Staw B. M., Calder B. J., Hess R. K. and Sandelands L. E. (1980). Intrinsic motivation and norms about payment. Journal of Personality, 48, pp. 1–14.
63. Steiger J. H. (1980). Tests for comparing elements of a correlation matrix. Psychological Bulletin, 87, pp. 245–251.
64. Triandis H. C. (1995). Individualism and collectivism. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
65. Triandis H. C., Marin G., Lisansky J. and Betancourt H. (1984). Simpatia as a cultural script of Hispanics. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 47, pp. 1363–1375.
66. Wayne S. J. and Liden R. C. (1995). Effects of impression management on performance ratings: A longitudinal study. Academy of Management Journal, 38, pp. 232–260.
67. Williams E. J. (1959). The comparison of regression variables. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (Series B), 21, pp. 396–604.